Give the Easter Bunny a helping hand and make a batch of delicious homemade chocolate peanut butter Easter eggs. Based on a favorite recipe from the staff at Sip at the wine bar & restaurant, these eggs put a gourmet twist on a classic Easter treat. Children will love to make them with the help of an adult.
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup creamy peanut butter
¼ cup butter
1 tablespoon whole milk (if needed for moisture)
8 oz. semi-sweet chocolate (or your preferred chocolate variety)
1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
1 cup sprinkles (optional)
- Soften the butter by leaving it on the counter for a few minutes, bringing it to room temperature.
- In a mixing bowl, combine sugar, peanut butter, butter and milk (if needed for moisture) until blended.
- Shape the mixture into either two half-pound eggs or make smaller eggs.
- Place eggs on a tray and freeze for one hour.
- While the eggs are freezing, cut chocolate into small pieces and place in the top of a double boiler with the shortening. Melting the chocolate in a double boiler will allow it to melt slowly and ensure it doesn’t burn). For a double boiler method demonstration, click here.
- Melt the chocolate and shortening over medium heat, stirring frequently until smooth.
- Remove the eggs from the freezer.
- Stick a long-tined fork in the top of each peanut butter egg, dip the eggs in the melted chocolate. Make sure the eggs are completely covered, then drain on waxed paper.
- Add sprinkles of your choice.
- When the eggs are cooled and set, decorate them to suit your fancy. Write names with frosting, design bunnies and flowers, or add candies. To make decorating easier, sit an egg in a glass or small cup, or use a classic egg cup as a stand.
Meet the Easter Bunny at Sip: Indulge in delicious Easter Brunch on Sunday, April 16 from 10 am to 2 pm. Meet the Easter Bunny and have fun taking photos. For reservations, call (425) 369-1181. Reservations can also be made at siprestaurant.com.
Sip at the wine bar & restaurant is located at 1084 NE Park Drive in Issaquah Highlands. There is plenty of free parking throughout the shopping center.READ MORE