Traditionally, Valentine’s Day is reserved for couples—an occasion to celebrate romantic love and maybe even pop the question. But in recent years, Americans have pushed back against the strictly “couples only” definition of the holiday to embrace a broader meaning: a day to celebrate friendship.
Valentine’s Day is a great occasion to make plans with a best friend, parent, child or sibling. You can even get the whole family in on the action for a group date.
To inspire you, here are five ways to spend Valentine’s with your bestie in Issaquah:
1. Take professional makeup lessons at Ulta Beauty. Update your look, find the best foundation for your complexion and learn new ways to make your eyes pop—Ulta’s one-hour lessons teach new techniques and update you on seasonal trends. Each lesson is $50 and you can focus on preferred brands or experiment with new products. Ulta recommends booking lessons back-to-back, so friends can watch and learn from each other.
2. Put on your chef’s hat and prepare a special meal at home. Cooking is better with friends (especially ones who chop veggies), so invite a group and make dinner together. Search Pinterest for recipe ideas from cooking clubs and advice for wine pairings. You’ll find the ingredients at Safeway Issaquah Highlands, and a large selection of wine in all price ranges at BevMo!
3. Remember your pet family. Treat your pups to healthy treats from Civilized Nature Pet Supplies and upgrade their collars, leashes and equipment. When it comes to Valentine’s Day in the Northwest, rain gear for dogs is also a great option.
4. Catch a new movie at Regal Cinemas Issaquah Highlands. Regal offers reserved seating in all 12 auditoriums, so you can book your favorite seats in advance. Major releases showing on Valentine’s Day include Winchester (thriller starring Helen Mirren), and Black Panther (action/sci-fi feature starring Chadwick Boseman). Don’t forget the popcorn!
5. Pamper yourselves with a trip to the nail salon. Share a relaxing afternoon getting a mani-pedi at Issaquah Highlands Nails. Having your nails done is an affordable luxury that will leave you both feeling relaxed and beautiful.
Remember to express your love and appreciation for the special people in your life. The experiences you share on Valentine’s Day will create meaningful memories for years to come.
Photo credit: Shubha Tirumale Photography LLC