New Year’s resolutions are often so difficult to achieve that you fail before you start. Juggling work, family, volunteering, home management – and a daily mother lode of errands – can be overwhelming, even before adding a new resolution. But fulfilling a resolution to get healthy doesn’t have to involve major change. To get closer to goals in 2018, tap into these convenient options at Grand Ridge Plaza:
Eat more greens (make it easy with takeout)
Resolving to eat your veggies is a worthy goal, but a diet of leafy greens can become very dull quickly. Rather than slogging through another bagged salad, order a customized takeout salad from one of our many restaurants.
- Agave Cocina & Tequilas, Bai Tong Thai, Big Fish Grill, Chinoise Sushi Bar & Asian Grill, MOD Pizza, Sip at the wine bar & restaurant, and The RAM each have a robust salad menu. They’re happy to make substitutions and additions, tweaking for gluten-free, vegetarian, vegan and dairy-free diets. Order ahead for easy pick-up and enjoy add-ons such as grilled cauliflower, kaiso (seaweed), grilled salmon, kabocha squash, toasted almonds and roasted red peppers.
Trying a new workout may seem daunting, but it doesn’t have to be. Grand Ridge Plaza is currently home to two fitness studios – barre3 and 9Round – with a third, Orangetheory Fitness, opening in the spring.
- 9Round’s 30-minute circuit training combines boxing and kickboxing. It’s a full-body workout that’s effective and fun. Trainers teach you how to wrap your hands and wear boxing gloves, and offer expert advice at each station of the nine-station circuit. The first class is free, but you’re required to purchase your own gloves and wraps (yours to keep).
- barre3’s one-hour classes combine ballet, yoga and Pilades. barre3 is known for building lean muscles and a strong core, and for long-term postural benefits. The studio offers 40 classes per week, and newcomers are welcome at every class. Ask about the new student special: three classes for $40.
Get your check-ups in early
Don’t leave routine medical exams to the last minute and miss out on your benefits in 2018. Book appointments now to get ahead of the curve.
- For healthcare, NaturoMedica is home to seven licensed naturopathic doctors. The practice is a premier center of integrative medicine, offering naturopathic healthcare, acupuncture, I.V. therapy and other complementary services. Doctors at NaturoMedica, who treat adults and children, can provide primary care or work alongside an established physician to address specific health concerns.
- For eye care, Optica Vision Care is home to two optometrists who examine eyes for both vision and health problems, and offer important screenings. They also prescribe eyeglasses and contact lenses. Optica offers more than 1,000 styles of designer frames for adults, teens and children, making finding the perfect pair a cinch.
- For dental care, Issaquah Highlands Dental Group is home to two general dentists, plus an oral surgeon, periodontist and endodontist. The practice offers morning and evening appointments to make scheduling easier. Ask about new patient specials to save on treatments.
Here’s to a healthy and happy 2018!