The Allegro Pediatrics Issaquah Highlands practice recently welcomed Dr. Alexandra Windhorn Shaver to its care team. Dr. Windhorn, a Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics (FAAP), enjoys partnering with families to provide support and treatment when children are ill, as well as navigating challenges regarding development, parenting and behavior. She attended the University of Minnesota for her undergraduate studies, University of Washington for medical school, and completed her residency at Seattle Children’s Hospital.
“I enjoy the unique energy and fresh perspective children bring to the world,” said Dr. Windhorn, who is currently accepting new patients.
Dr. Windhorn and her husband share interests in medicine, cooking, travel and exploring the Pacific Northwest. In her free time she enjoys running, hiking, crossword puzzles and shopping at local farmers’ markets.
Founded as Pediatric Associates, Allegro Pediatrics opened in 1967 with four doctors. Allegro has since grown to more than 80 providers in eight neighborhood clinics across the Eastside.
Home to eight pediatricians, the Grand Ridge Plaza clinic provides care for children ranging from newborns to late teens. The practice offers a complimentary prenatal visit to help expecting parents get to know one of the doctors and prepare for a baby’s first appointment.
- On-site lab and X-ray services
- A 24/7 nurse line for any health-related questions, 365 days a year
- Same-day appointments for illness and injuries
- Special one-on-one visits to focus on a child’s development, behavioral health or other specific concerns
- Sports, school, and camp physicals
- Yearly check-ups to answer everyday questions
- Quick visits for flu shots and vaccines
- An online patient portal
- An Electronic Health Record that allows the care team instant and secure access to a child’s health record
To learn more about Allegro Pediatrics, visit allegropediatrics.com or call 425-391-7337. The clinic is located at the corner of High Street NE and 10th Avenue NE.READ MORE
Summer is here and it’s time to break out the cocktail shaker! If there’s a quintessential summer drink, it’s a margarita. For advice on how to mix great margaritas, we asked Chef Federico Ramos, co-owner of Agave Cocina & Tequilas.
Ramos recommends using fresh limes, which are currently available in local stores. He also emphasizes the importance of using high-quality agave tequila because it doesn’t have any of the harshness of cheaper brands. Below is his scratch-made margarita recipe to enjoy at home.
- 3 oz. 100% agave tequila (high-quality tequila)
- 5 oz. orange liqueur (Agave recommends Cointreau because it’s less sweet than other brands)
- 1 oz. simple syrup
- 5 oz. fresh lime juice
- 2 lime wedges for glass rim, plus 2 lime wedges for garnish
- 1 tbsp. coarse salt for glass rim (optional)
Optional: run a lime wedge around the outer rim of each glass and dip rim in salt. Set aside.
- In cocktail shaker, mix tequila, orange liqueur, simple syrup and fresh lime juice with ice for 15 seconds.
- Strain margarita into glasses.
- Garnish with lime wedge and serve.
Tip: Save time when entertaining by juicing the fruit a few hours in advance. Refrigerate in an airtight container.
Curious about what qualifies as great tequila? Read Agave’s Guide to Tequila.
Owned and operated by the brother-and-sister team of Federico and Faviola Ramos, Agave Cocina & Tequilas is proud to prepare food that’s free of preservatives, trans fats and lard. Everything at Agave Cocina & Tequilas is made from scratch, including sauces, fillings, tortillas and guacamole. The restaurant serves sustainable seafood, and free-range and hormone-free chicken, beef, eggs, rice and beans. Most menu items are gluten-free (with the main exception flour tortillas). Vegetarian options are also available.
Agave Cocina & Tequilas is located at 1048 NE Park Drive. Limited reservations are available by calling 425-369-8900. Visit agavecocina.com for the full menu.
Photo credit: Shubha Tirumale Photography LLC.READ MORE