The NaturoMedica clinic at Grand Ridge Plaza is growing: The clinic recently welcomed Naturopathic Physician Dr. Lisa Wada, who specializes in pediatrics and maternity care. She joins the practice after leading her own private practice in Kirkland for 10 years.
Dr. Wada’s pediatrics focus is from birth to early adulthood. She typically meets her new patients at their first exam when they are just one-week-old. As a naturopathic physician, she provides everything from Well Child exams to allergy testing and vaccinations, including management of alternative vaccination schedules. She’s also had success working with children diagnosed with AD(H)D and Autism spectrum disorders. Her specialty includes both mental and emotional support for children as they grow, including pre-teen and teen concerns such as depression and anxiety. Like all the doctors at NaturoMedica, Dr. Wada works with a range of specialists to provide referrals when needed.
For women, Dr. Wada provides a full spectrum of care, including optimizing hormones and nutrition during fertility treatments. (Editor’s note: The practice also provides health optimization care for men during fertility treatments.) Dr. Wada partners with a woman’s OB/GYN or primary care physician during pregnancy to provide adjunctive care, and offers post-partum services for the health of new mothers, including breastfeeding support and treatment of post-partum depression.
“The most rewarding part of my career is supporting women from preconception to pregnancy and then welcoming babies into the practice,” explains Dr. Wada. “It’s an opportunity to change someone’s life in a positive way.”
The NaturoMedica clinic, which is open six days a week, is home to seven licensed Naturopathic Physicians that treat conditions such as digestive issues, fatigue, diabetes, menopause, migraines and arthritis. NaturoMedica doctors can provide primary care or work with a patient’s established physician to address health concerns. The clinic also offers acupuncture and IV (intravenous) therapy.
NaturoMedica also has a retail dispensary that is open to the public and offers an assortment of medical-grade supplements that are sold only to licensed healthcare professionals. Products chosen for the NaturoMedica store go through a rigorous selection process. The medical-grade supplements provide comprehensive ingredient lists and ensure product purity – an essential requirement for anyone with allergies.
NaturoMedica’s pediatric care services include the following:
- Immune support (disease prevention, antibiotic education, colds, flus and recurrent ear infections)
- Allergies and asthma (including hay fever, food allergies and sensitivities)
- Digestive disorders or diseases (diarrhea, constipation, acid reflux, abdominal pain, irritable bowel and ulcerative colitis)
- Skin conditions (eczema, psoriasis, acne, warts, diaper rashes, hives and allergic reactions)
- Nutrition and lifestyle counseling (including weight loss or weight gain, insomnia or sleep disorders including bed wetting)
- Emotional wellness (including ADD/ADHD, autism spectrum disorders or behavioral and/or learning disorders)
- Growth and development (well child check-ups and milestones, annual exams, and sports physicals)
NaturoMedica is located at 1220 10th Ave NE at Grand Ridge Plaza in Issaquah Highlands. To learn more, call (425) 557-8900 or visit www.naturomedica.com.READ MORE